Also try out this handy clipboard manager application – perfect for those of us who are copying and pasting every ten minutes! xNeat Clipboard Manager. It allows you to keep a history of everything you copy and pasted recently by assigning a new hotkey such as SHIFT+CTRL+V.
Best of all, it’s free :)
Edit: So I may have been a little over confident like Dr Rodney McKay, but at least I didn’t blow up an entire solar system. The real problem seemed to be that the ability to add “Local Printers” wasn’t available – which became apparent as MYOB Help Desk was running through printer setup. However he didn’t know why I didn’t have the option. Turns out the registry had been edited at some point to disable this (as to why I’m not sure). Found a fix on Microsoft’s Knowledgebase.
To resolve this issue:
1. Start Registry Editor (Regedt32.exe).
2. Locate the following key:
3. Modify the Driver string value by double-clicking it, or by clicking it and then clicking String on theEdit menu. Change the string value to localspl.dll.
4. Click OK, and then quit Registry Editor.
5. Stop and restart the Spooler service.
After this I made sure temp MYOB files didn’t exist and all MYOB printers were deleted, then installed the update and things went back to normal.
Now this is what I wrote earlier.
So we had an error at work with the latest update of MYOB Payroll, and became unable to email/create PDFs of payslips. While waiting on the phone for customer support (didn’t actually end up getting through quick enough), I went over to the Local App Data (%temp% via Run command). I saw a folder I remember that was created while reinstalling the update – inside the Setup folder was PDFWriter:
I was going through screenshots of saved information for work/personal things, and saw an old Neowin account where I posted after discovering I couldn’t see anything in my Control Panel among other weird glitches. Every time I started up Chrome I would get the error “chrome.exe: Class not registered”.
This was a result of me trying to install older versions of Internet Explorer on my Windows 7 machine. For website testing purposes, I wasn’t haven’t any nostalgic feelings – if I were they would be for Netscape <3
In case anyone runs through that problem again, I thought I would keep a note of the fix (although an eventual reformat would be best). Run this in CMD (one line):
FOR /R C:\ %G IN (*.dll) DO “%systemroot%\system32\regsvr32.exe” /s “%G”
It took me hours to complete, started during the evening and it continued to run half way through work the following day.
Though later I discovered IE Tester – works a charm and doesn’t render your system useless by causing DLL unregistration issues.